Wednesday, July 16, 2008

August Rush...


...has inspired me! I know most people don't like it or think its too far fetched, but I don't care. I love the idea of music being something higher than all of us. It is this powerful force that is everywhere. I believe that its how the soul can really communicate. I may not be the best musician, but that doesn't mean I don't feel music. Music can communicate what can't be said. Those thoughts and feelings that can't be put into words can be spoken through music. I love theatre, but there is something more grounded in musical theatre. When feeling a character through the music its as if there is some other level of connection that happens that can't be achieved any other way. I'm going to actually listen to the music around me, and I don't just mean on the radio. I mean music anywhere from anything. The sound of your feet on the pavement, the squeak of a gate, the rush of the leaves. Just listen. There is so much more out there in this world to learn and one way to discover it is through the music that is out there. Take a moment, reflect on life, and just LISTEN. I'm going to find that deeper connection and understanding that can only be discovered through music. I challenge you to do the same.

1 comments:

Paul Hill said...

I love August Rush, and I totally get what you're saying. Music is a universal language that doesn't speak to the mind alone, but to the soul. I personally love music more than food and think it's pretty darn close to the best thing we have.